All contractors working in Whitehall must register with the City of Whitehall and meet the following criteria:
- A complete application with all requested information provided. (Expires one year from the date of issuance.) Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Minimum liability insurance of $500,000 with City of Whitehall as certificate holder.
- Original $25,000 surety bond (with seal) payable to the City of Whitehall.
- Electric, HVAC, Hydronic, Plumbing, Refrigeration, Fire Alarm, Fire Suppression contractors must have State of Ohio Licenses.
- Sewer contractors must have City of Columbus Licenses.
Building Plan Review
- Residential: Please include the application and digital plans/drawings or physical copy as 8.5" x 11" or 11" x 17".
- Commercial: Please include the application and digital plans/drawings.
- Please see our application and plan submission guidelines for further information.
Scheduling & Requirements
To schedule an inspection call 614-237-8612.
Inspection calls received before 3 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) may be scheduled for the next business day (as availability allows), except for life safety and occupancy inspections, which require a 48-hour business day prior notice.
Working with a Contractor
All contractors working in Whitehall are required to have proper registration issued by the City of Whitehall. If you need to hire a contractor, we recommend you ask to see their Whitehall registration when you receive their estimate or verify on our list of registered contractors that updates monthly. City of Whitehall code prohibits any contractor that does not have a City of Whitehall Registration to work within the City limits. It is the contractor’s responsibility to obtain the required permit(s) before they start work on your project. If you doubt whether a contractor is properly registered or if the required permits were obtained, please call the City Building Department at 614-237-8612 for verification. DO NOT make any final payment until the final inspection has been signed off on your permit.