Communications / 9-1-1
The Whitehall Division of Police maintains a dispatching center that is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year with highly qualified and well trained dispatchers. As a public safety answering point (PSAP) our communications experts answer 9-1-1 calls for police, fire, and emergency medical assistance. Our dispatchers also answer regular line calls and dispatch patrol officers along with handling a multitude of other responsibilities. Our dispatch center handles approximately 33,000 calls for police service per year. You can reach our dispatch center by calling (614) 237-6333 or in the case of emergency dial 9-1-1.
When to Call 9-1-1
Call 9-1-1 when there is a:
Steps to Take During a Crime
What should you do if you see a crime occurring?
- Call 9-1-1 immediately. Remain calm.
- Be observant and make mental notes.
- Are there any weapons involved?
- What is the address?
- Any physical characteristics such as height, weight, race, beard, or scars?
- Any clothing description?
- How many people are involved?
- Are the persons involved on foot or in a vehicle?