On the May 3 Primary Election ballot, Whitehall voters approved a 2.822 mill property tax levy to support the Whitehall Division of Police. Proceeds from the levy will be 100% dedicated to police operations and capital expenses, including an expansion and renovation of the Division of Police Station and the hiring of six new sworn officers. Learn more about the levy below.
More information on the police station expansion is coming soon.
Levy Quick Facts:
- Total Millage Requested: 2.822 mills
- Tax Year Impacted: 2022 (With payments beginning in calendar year 2023)
- Estimated Annual Levy Revenue: $790,000
- Percent of Levy Revenue Dedicated to Police Operations and Capital Expenses: 100%
- Major Benefits to Community:
- Renovation of Division of Police Station on S. Yearling Road, allowing for improved police operations and space for the Whitehall police force to expand
- The addition of six new sworn officers, offset in part by a COPS Hiring Program Grant
- Enhanced dispatching, improving overall emergency response times
- Enhanced police technology and equipment
- Estimated Cost to Whitehall Property Owners (Per $100,000 in home price):
Note: All property owners in Whitehall would be subject to the levy (homeowners, property managers, businesses who own property, etc.)
- Standard Whitehall Home:
- Annually: $98.77
- Monthly: $8.23
- Daily: $0.27
- Seniors with Homestead Exemption:
- Annually: $74.08
- Monthly: $6.17
- Daily: $0.20
- Statement of Necessity Legislation Introduction: January 11, 2022 City Council Committee Meetings
- Statement of Necessity Legislation Presentation and Consideration: January 18, 2022 City Council Voting Meeting (APPROVED)
- Ballot Legislation Consideration: February 1, 2022 City Council Voting Meeting (APPROVED)
- Safer Whitehall Virtual Town Hall #1: Date coming soon...
- Safer Whitehall Virtual Town Hall #2: Date coming soon...
- Ballot Inclusion: May 3, 2022 Primary Election
- Property Tax Year Impacted: 2022 (With payments beginning in Calendar Year 2023)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or comments.